Saturday, 13 July 2013

Grandma

I got mistaken for a grandmother this week, not once but twice! How can this be? I'm 35, turning 36 next month. Have I really aged that much since having kids?

I promptly went out and got my hair cut and started throwing in some brief jogging sets to our daily walks. Time to spruce up a bit.

Both of the people who made the error were seniors, and I suppose in their day people had kids younger (or just started having kids younger). My maternal grandmother had her 6th baby at 42 just for the record.

Anyway, I know I'm not a spring chicken, but honestly, I don't think I'm quite grandmother material yet. And what grandmother would be breastfeeding a newborn strapped to her chest in a sling? That part must have been so discreet they didn't notice.


3 comments:

  1. oh gosh, taryn! you don't look like a grandma! emery's been called a boy while wearing a bow - people don't think. it's not you, it's them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy, maybe the seniors didn't have their glasses on:)
    One time an old lady thought my husband is my father. He was about 37/38 at that time, but he looks very young for his age.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah jeeze, taryn! you don't appear to be the grandmother! emery's been recently referred to as a boy while wearing a new bow -- people don't believe. it is not you, it really is these people :)buy rs goldWOW Gold Kaufen Billig

    ReplyDelete