Friday, 25 February 2011

Things you would like to write on a card but don’t

I was writing out yet another card the other day for yet another person we know with a brand new baby. I never seem to have writer's block for this blog, but it's always so tough to come up with something to write in a new baby card. Hmmmm...

  • Do you realize how fortunate you are, probably not.
  • I hope parenthood is all it’s really cracked up to be.
  • Good luck with your new life, I hope you still stay in touch with your childless friends.
  • We'll have to go out to a movie together once your little one is off to college.
  • Here's a little something, it's really not much because we're still trying to figure out how to finance our next IVF attempt.
  • Please don't feel the need to send me a thank-you-for-your-baby-gift card complete with photos and updates and ending with an empty "how are YOU doing?", it will just make me more sad.


OK... I guess I'll just settle on a simple "congrats on your new addition".

1 comment:

  1. How about this one?"I'll be dreaming of you and your new bundle of joy next Saturday while I'm sleeping in." :flowers:
    impatient, 25 February 2011 - 09:07 AM

    I love it Impatient!!
    Erin_G, 25 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

    I have resigned myself to writing "Enjoy every minute" but depending on who it is I have been tempted to add.."Please don't take it personally while I avoid you for the next five years"
    hopefulgirl, 25 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

    "I am so thrilled for you, but I will be repelled by you the minute you start complaining about looking after your new bundle of joy!"
    rhubarb, 25 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

    *wicked laughter*SD you are comedy heaven. Thank you for making a sad day a little brighter xPersonally, I've never sent one of these cards in my life!
    Good Fortune, 25 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

    LMAO I love it all! What a great Friday afternoon laugh!
    Hope for a Baby, 25 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

    thank you, I needed this post.
    will it happen, 25 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

    Love it. Love it all.What about: "Mine will always be younger and cuter than yours"? :flowers:
    s00n, 25 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

    LOL!! If only we really could remove our filters for a day! Funny post!
    LisainSK, 26 February 2011 - 05:39 AM

    ReplyDelete